Scholarship Description: The University of Sydney is offering scholarships for Higher Degree Research Program in Sydney. This scholarship is available to an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident.
Scholarship Provider: The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. The university is colloquially known as one of Australia’s sandstone universities.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a research programme.
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: The scholarship includes:
- The Scholarship will provide an annual stipend allowance of $9,950 for up to three years for a PhD recipient, or two years for a Masters by Research recipient, subject to satisfactory academic performance. No extension is possible.
- The Scholarship is for commencement in relevant research period in which it is offered for and cannot be deferred or transferred to another area of research.
- No other amount is payable.
- The Scholarship will be offered subject to the availability of funding.
Nationality: This scholarship is open to an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident.
Eligible Nationalities: This scholarship is open to an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, or Australian permanent resident with an unconditional full-time offer in a Masters by Research or PhD at the University of Sydney.
- Applicants must be a graduate of the Henry Halloran Trust’s Practitioner in Residence Program.
- Applicant’s research area must coincide with the interests of the Trust as determined by its strategic plan and list of objectives which include interdisciplinary studies in innovation and research in town planning, urban development and land management.
- The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the basis of:
- academic merit,
- area of study and research proposal, and
III. curriculum vitae, and
- a personal statement which demonstrates the applicant’s capacity to complete a higher degree research degree and interest in completing research in an area that coincides with the Trusts interests. b. The successful applicant will be awarded the Scholarship on the nomination of the Henry Halloran Advisory Board.
Deadline: August 02, 2018